After reading my friend Bethanie’s blog post about the Halloween Tag (link to blog post), I was inspired to do the same and answer a few questions on something that I have learnt to enjoy…
1. What is your favourite horror film? I’m not a massive fan of horror films, the Black Swan creeped me out a heck of a lot and the Scary Movies were just a bit odd. I much prefer films such as the Corpse Bride, Halloweentown and The Nightmare Before Christmas.
2. If you were in a horror film, how far do you think you would get? (five minutes, halfway, all the way to the end credits) I’d love to say till the end but honestly I don’t think I’d even make it to five minutes!
3. What is your favourite scary video game? Does Minecraft count?!
4. What is your favourite scary story? I love reading about the ghost stories from Whitby, so the story of Dracula is definitely up there.
5. What’s one unusual thing you’re scared of? Roller-coasters. I hate things things…a massive no thank you!
6. What’s your first memory of Halloween? I remember hating Halloween as a child, I would hide in my room with the lights turned off so as to discourage trick or treaters’ from visiting our house. It never worked and eventually I learnt how to reap the rewards of plentiful free candy!
7. What’s your favourite Halloween memory? In general I love carving pumpkins, I don’t remember a year where I haven’t ever carved one. But I would say that my favourite memory was trick or treating with my sister and cousins, and at the end of the night we covered the whole carpet with sweets and chocolate.
8. What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve had? I would pretty much always dress up as a witch, simple dress and I could go as nuts with the make up as I pleased.
9. What’s the worst Halloween costume you’ve had? I honestly don’t know, probably putting on a white sheet with holes in to make a ghost costume!
WHICH IS SCARIER?
1. Werewolves or Vampires? Probably werewolves, they are probably going to be huge and with big gross fangs!
2. Ghosts or Zombies? Zombies for sure! Ghosts are cool, zombies are just creepy.
3. Creepy Dolls or Creepy Clowns? Creepy clowns, I don’t see why you’d find a clown not creepy to be honest. Creepy dolls are alright…I guess.
4. Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers or Leatherface? The fact that I just had to google who these people actually are just goes to show how rubbish I am with scary films. I’d say Michael Myers because that mask is just disturbing!
Let me know if you decide to do this tag and also check out Beth’s post (here) and her blog in general, it’s brilliant! I’m looking forward to producing more Halloween blog posts over the next two weeks so keep your eyes peeled! (I hate that expression!)